Frequently Asked Questions
Due to the destruction caused by the recent hurricanes in the Caribbean, our programs will review applications and can invite students from these areas to interview without GRE scores. Since GRE scores are a required component of the application the student is expected to submit their GRE scores as soon as they are able. GRE scores will be required before an offer of admission can be extended.
Admissions Requirements and Statistics
- A strong undergraduate background in the physical, biological, or behavioral sciences.
- A cumulative average of B+ or better in major science courses.
- High motivation for a career in biological or biomedical research.
- Strong letters of recommendation (three (3) are required).
- Prior research experience is highly valued.
- A thoughtfully written Statement of Purpose that includes information on why you want to attend graduate school, any research interests you may have, and details on any prior research experience, including the extent to which you were intellectually and independently involved in your research project.
- All applicants (including international applicants) must submit official scores from the Graduate Record Examination General Test (GRE). Scores must not be more than five (5) years old. Our institution code is 5187 and there is no department code.
- International applicants whose native language is not English must also complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). For these exams, scores must be no more than two (2) years old.