For the Fall 2015 admissions cycle, the application deadline is December 1, 2014. The online application is now available. The application fee is $75.
You can submit your application before your letter writers have submitted their letters of recommendation, and you can submit without GRE scores if they are not yet available. Make sure you upload the correct version of your statement of purpose, resume and transcripts, as our office is unable to remove any document from your application once it has been submitted.
Early Application Fee Waiver: If you submit your application by October 31, 2014, the $75 application fee will be waived. The fee will automatically be waived as long as the application is submitted by midnight (U.S. Pacific Time) on October 31. Official scores and letters of recommendation may arrive later.
Stipend: $28,500 for the 2014-2015 academic year (more financial information is available here).
Start the application process here: https://www.applyweb.com/apply/emorylgs/
Required Application Material:
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- A copy of a transcript for each university you have attended. This transcript must be issued by the Registrar’s Office (a copy issued to the student is fine) and cannot be printed from the University’s web site. Each transcript must be uploaded during the application process. Scan the transcript at high resolution and make sure each can be read before uploading it. Each individual university transcript must be uploaded as one file and not page by page.
- Official transcripts are not required and will not be used in the review process. If you are offered admission and accept the offer you are then required to submit an official sealed transcript from each university you have attended. We ask that you not send us any material in the mail unless asked to do so.
- The general test of the GRE is required; please indicate your registration number and scores in the application if the exam has been taken before you submit the application. The subject test is not required, but there is space to list your scores if you have taken the exam.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required if your native language is not English.
Our goal is to streamline the application process for you and to make the application review process as paperless as possible.
Applicants must also contact ETS and request that they send official GRE scores (and TOEFL if applicable) to institution code 5187. As long as you have self-reported your scores please do not contact us to verify that we have received your official scores from ETS, as the application can be reviewed with the self-reported scores.
Interviews are usually held in late January through early March by invitation of the Program to which a student has applied. Interview travel expenses are paid by the Division for domestic applicants. The Division does not pay interview travel expenses for applicants who are overseas and Skype interviews are typically arranged.